cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Duffy2007

Support for open type fonts .otf .ttf font files

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

It woud nice to have a support for open type fonts.

Thanks a lot.

best regards
Alexander
5 Comments
MarcusP
Hi Duffy2007, Could you please explain in more detail what you would like to achieve? Generally speaking DIAdem REPORT supports the scalable fonts offered by Windows and these are nowadays (at least for Win 7 and Win 😎 mostly OpenType fonts with extension .ttf according to the properties listed by system settings. Marcus
Duffy2007
Active Participant

Hello Marcus,

i installed a free open type font with the extension .otf on my win7 system

and the font works perfect in LabVIEW, but i can not select this font in Diadem to use it in my Report.

Must i change something in my windows?

For a test i downloaded the first .otf font from this side.

test.png

best regards
Alexander
MarcusP

OK Duffy2007,

here's the catch. While font type "OpenType" is displayed in the system settings for nearly every font on the Windows systems I explored they are in fact in the TTF file format. And DIAdem can make use of fonts in this TTF file format only. OFT fonts like the one you mentioned can be installed under Windows but DIAdem cannot utilize them due to the specific rendering engine it uses.

In order to make use of OTF fonts either DIAdem would need to switch to a different rendering engine (which will not be the case in the foreseeable future) or Microsoft would need to enhance that engine with support for OTF fonts (the likeliness of which I cannot assess). So unfortunately here you're stuck.

Sorry for not being able to help,

Marcus

Duffy2007
Active Participant

Hello Marcus,

thanks a lot for the feedback and the good explaination why it don´t work.

best regard

Duffy2007

best regards
Alexander
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter