LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application lock if you cancel printing of a Report via doPDF

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to implement in my application the printing of a report with the summary data of a device that is monitored.

Now, given that I have the Labview Base 2020 license, which does not include "LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit", my intention was to set up a module on the Front Panel of an appositive VI, enabling the "Automatically Print Panel Every Time VI Completes Execution" contained in the "Print Options" section of "VI Properties".

guada_bl_1-1710943360745.png

Everything seems to work perfectly, except for the fact that, if I try to "print" the document as a PDF file via doPDF, and for some reason I decide not to complete the "print" (by clicking on the "Cancella" button )

guada_bl_3-1710943486818.png

, the application freezes for 2 minutes, before throwing the following error:

Error: 31
Description: "Invoke Node in NI_ReportGenerationCore.lvlib:Quick Print VI or Documentation.vi->NI_ReportGenerationCore.lvlib:Print VI Panel or Documentation (refnum.vi->NI_ReportGenerationCore.lvlib:Print VI Panel or Documentation (path).vi- >Example.vi
<APPEND>Method Name: <b>Print:Panel To Printer</b>".

No problem if you try to follow a similar procedure on PDFcreator.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will try to help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(472 Views)

Obviously, this is not a LabVIEW problem, but a problem with the doPDF application. The 2.3 rating in the Microsoft store and only 3 reviews does not inspire much confidence.

What is your exact OS, OS bitness, and LabVIEW bitness and do yo have any unusual antivirus, etc. installed.

Every modern Windows OS has "Microsoft print to pdf" built in natively, so why exactly are you even messing with questionable  third party applications? I don't have a physical printer and that's the only thing I ever use.

Message 2 of 3
(455 Views)

Hello, Altenbach.

First of all thanks for your answer.

Here is the data you requested:
- Windows 11 Pro 64-bit;
- Labview 2020 32-bit;
- Forticlient antivirus.

Regarding your objection on the use of doPDF, I agree with you, but since it is an application that will be distributed, it could happen that the user uses that software, and I would like to avoid my software having unpleasant behaviors, such as blocks or whatever

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(429 Views)