LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling VI's from an executable

Hi!
I'd love to get some help on the matter:

I've written a "TestManager.exe" that runs vi's dynamically (based on a sequence selected by the user).

All VIs are located in the same folder.

The program works fine as long as I run it in developer mode.

The moment I run it from the executable (runtime) it loses the ability to activate the VIs.

The VIs have the same name as "Sequence steps" for example, there is a step named "DMM Get Measure" so accordingly there is a VI named "DMM Get Measure.vi".

The VIs are called dynamically - The idea is that the customer can add as many "simple VIs" as he wants, and it will be implemented automatically, without him having to 

compile the "TestManager.exe".

All VIs have the exact same "strict type": 1 input = Variant, 1 output = string.

I'm attaching a Demo VI demonstrating the part that runs the VI's dynamically. 

Captain_Logic_0-1727034642729.png

Thanks for any help!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(212 Views)

Please attach your full project next time, including the subVIs.

I think your problem lies in the directory where the subVIs are loaded. You should use a relative path instead of an absolute path. Please see the attached project.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(140 Views)

@Captain_Logic wrote:

The moment I run it from the executable (runtime) it loses the ability to activate the VIs.

What error do you receive?

Do the dynamic loaded VIs have the option 'Separate compiled code from source file' activated? As far as I know the dynamic VIs need the compiled code in an executable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(43 Views)