LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carwash problem Review

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, I'm an undergraduate student and pretty new to LabVIEW. Recently practiced the car wash problem for the sake of practicing and also used an existing FGV Timer for the time being and also added a TCP/IP logging element as well. Would appreciate for someone to give me their opinion or critique of my block diagram logic and UI?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(346 Views)

Most of the forum users don't have the latest version of LabVIEW. Please Saving for a Previous Version, preferably 2019.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 4
(227 Views)

Thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware. Below is the same project file saved to the 2019 version (19.0).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author salemb

Your VIs are saved in 2019 but the project is in 2024.

In the future, you can save the entire project for the previous version from project explorer.

ZYOng_0-1723075818497.png

My recommendations:

1. Always make the State Enum a type def. 
  2. Never use Stop to abort an execution, unless it is a last resort. Stop the loop properly to ensure cleanup steps are carried out. Even though you don't have any cleanup steps in your code, you should make it a good practice.
  3. Timer FGV: You don't need to force the value of Time Elapsed to Target Time. You can refer to FGV Timer SubVI

ZYOng_1-1723077084939.png

4. The VI will not be stopped if the Start button has not been pressed.

ZYOng_2-1723077547600.png

5. You can use explicit reference and for loops to disable multiple controls more efficiently. Save the reference of all controls to a cluster and use when needed.

ZYOng_3-1723078438778.png

6. If you are preparing for CLD, you are not allowed to modify or add any controls or indicators, even if they are hidden.

7. For your TCP Server VI, again you shouldn't use Abort to stop the VI. Use a Stop button or Panel Close event to stop VI gracefully.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 4 of 4
(183 Views)