LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cognex and LED Light Testing

Hello everyone. I am a little new to Labview and my last real interaction with it was over two years ago and have recently started a new project that involves some testing of a few different pieces of hardware.

I am trying work with python and/or Labview to communicate through an IO-Link PLC over profinet. Admittedly I am unfamiliar with a lot of this hardware, but I really want to learn and figure this out.

My main issue right now is basic communication. I am able to ping the several readers, the PLC, and other hardware, but having a heck of a time trying to get any of my attempts of code to work. I believe a big part of my problem is working out where to start or what to start with (language, software, or hardware). At the moment I think I need to figure out how to communicate through the PLC its self addressing the specific IPs and ports?

I found this repo that looks like it might help, haven't had a chance to try it out yet though.

Any examples or educating would be much appreciated. I really want to understand this more and what I am not thinking of to look for.

Objective:

My current objectives are to test the following:

1. Check video of a Cognex 280X Barcode Scanner
  2. Toggle and check (GVI) two RGB warning lamps.
  3. Test NFC reader is operational.

Hardware:

I am currently prioritizing the cognex and RGBs at this time.

RGB->PLC

JC3141_0-1716989987621.pngJC3141_1-1716991058338.png

Cognex

JC3141_2-1716991505073.png

JC3141_3-1716991515974.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(214 Views)