LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Win USB device

Hello everybody,

I have a USB device that works with WinUSB. 

I want to make a communication with it using labview

How is it possible?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(79 Views)

WinUSB is simply the low level API to communicate with USB devices in Windows from a user space application. It's not a protocol but simply an API similar as NI VISA USB Raw, just a few times more complex. Saying that your device talks WinUSB is analogous to saying that your device has an Ethernet connector. Nice to know that it can communicate with network communication, but pretty useless without knowing much more about how that communiction is structured, aka the exact protocol.

If you get more information about this you could attempt to interface to WinUSB. It is a Windows API and can be theoretically interfaced to with the LabVIEW Call Library Node. I say theoretically because the WinUSB interface is rather complex and some of the API interfaces would require a lot of effort and knowledge about C programming details to do that. And no the Import Library Wizard can't do this for you.

The most simple solution (still potentially a lot of work) is if you have an existing .Net driver for this device. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(46 Views)