LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-platform alternative to LabVIEW

Apart from LabVIEW the only cross platform language that I've seen anyone ever reach for was Xamarin when a fast POC had to be done by some developers on IOS and Andriod at the same time with the possibility of needing a desktop app to go alongside on IOS and windows later. (If I'm remembering the project correctly) - but even for highly experienced C# developers that was a steep learning / re-learning curve in the timeframe of the short project.

If your code is too closely coupled at the moment I'd work on reducing the coupling in the short term whilst you look to what the best solution language-wise is for migration in the long term, it may be that packaging quite a bit of the LV code as DLLs will allow you to move to another language faster than re-writing everything from scratch.

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 31 of 34
(248 Views)

@James_W wrote:

Apart from LabVIEW the only cross platform language that I've seen anyone ever reach for was Xamarin when a fast POC had to be done by some developers on IOS and Andriod at the same time with the possibility of needing a desktop app to go alongside on IOS and windows later. (If I'm remembering the project correctly) - but even for highly experienced C# developers that was a steep learning / re-learning curve in the timeframe of the short project.

NET MAUI is the successor of Xamarin

(.NET MAUI Finally Replaces Xamarin in Visual Studio 2022 17.3 Preview 1 -- Visual Studio Magazine).

Not sure if it's easier...

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 34
(214 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@James_W wrote:

(.NET MAUI Finally Replaces Xamarin in Visual Studio 2022 17.3 Preview 1 -- Visual Studio Magazine).

Now the acronym fun begins when you are dealing with .NET MAUI to control LeCroy MAUI: 

https://www.teledynelecroy.com/maui/

(195 Views)

@Jay14159265 wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@James_W wrote:

Now the acronym fun begins when you are dealing with .NET MAUI to control LeCroy MAUI: 

https://www.teledynelecroy.com/maui/

Well I've learned something new today.
My daughter has previously taught me that Maui is a Disney character who has a hook and now I find it's programming language.
Mind you, I also used to think that Xamarin sounded like some sort of small monkey from the South America though - so it's always good to learn.
CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 34 of 34
(156 Views)