LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx channel cannot browse (target disconnected)

I have a cRIO-9053 with a NI-9213 module, connected directly with USB to my PC.  For now, I am just trying to get a simple temperature graphing project set up.

I have NI LabVIEW 2023 Q3 (64-bit) and relevant packages downloaded on my PC.  I configured the cRIO, downloading the drivers, and it appears in MAX as "Connected - Running".  My module is configured in program mode "Real-Time (NI-DAQmx)".

I create a blank project.  I right click on Project > New > Targets and Devices.  My cRIO is detected, I add it, it joins the project tree, and the module appears under NI-cRIO-9053-XXXX > Chassis (cRIO-9053) > Real-Time Resources > Mod1 (Slot 1, NI 9213, Real-Time [NI-DAQmx]).

I right click onNI-cRIO-9053-XXXX > New > VI.  It joins the project tree.  In the block diagram panel I right click > Measurement I/O > NI DAQmx > DAQmx Create Virtual Channel.vi. I then populate the panel with this block. 

When I create a constant attached to 'physical channels', I am expecting to be able to click on the constant dropdown and browse to my channel, but instead I am just met with "(target disconnected)". The resources I have found have not addressed this problem.  How can I troubleshoot this?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(706 Views)

Is your cRIO-9053 connected? Is the green LED beside the cRIO icon on?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(694 Views)

The 'power' green LED is on.  In MAX it shows as connected with the green bar connector.  In LabVIEW project explorer it appears with a green circle next to the cRIO icon.

I've reconfigured my modules into FPGA mode and I am now doing my coding in FPGA mode, following those tutorials now..... but this is so convoluted for a simple data acquisition, so if anyone knows a fix for the DAQmx mode problems I am seeing I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(648 Views)

I had exactly the same problem with cRIO-9053 and NI-9209. The LED symbol was off. I right-clicked and selected 'Deploy', then the LED symbol changed to be on, and the physical channels became available in the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(585 Views)