LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.DLL are not added correctly

Hi , 

I am trying to build and deploy a project which used .DLLs. When I run it on my Local PC it works fine, but when I build it, package it and deploy it over the NIPM, it seems like it doesn't include the other dependent .DLLs of the main .DLL. 

Any ideas to why this is happening ? and any suggestions to make this work please ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(100 Views)

That depends on the DLL. Is it from a third party driver? Is the CLN configured with a path and the DLL is included in the buld specification?

Start here: LabVIEW Executable Cannot Find DLL 

Does the DLL depend on other libraries that need to be installed?

check the dependencies of the DLL with this tool and see what is missing on the other machine; https://lucasg.github.io/Dependencies/

Message 2 of 3
(95 Views)

The LabVIEW Application Builder only can detect DLLs that are used directly in Call Library Nodes and add them automatically to the build output. Dependencies of those DLLs or if you use the "Use Library Path on the diagram" option in the Call Library the DLL itself specified through such paths, can not be detected automatically. If you want them included you have to add them explicitly to the project and add them to your build as "always Included" resources. And you should place them in the directory of your executable, if they are dependencies of DLLs you call. LabVIEW is not involved in loading dependencies, this is done by Windows and Windows will NOT search any special directories like the default "data" directory in a LabVIEW build but only the directory in which the main executable is located, the Windows System directory or any directory listed in the PATH environment variable.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(40 Views)