LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DQMH Event Triggered but Doesn't Send Event Data

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using the DQMH design pattern to build a driver for an actuator. When I use "Test Actuator API.vi" to send a test command, it always sends the default command ("Disable") instead of the command I pass into "Send Command.vi". And when I place probes inside "Send Command.vi", they always show "Not Executed" even when I trigger the event. So it seems the event is getting triggered, but it's sending only the default event data instead of the correct event data. Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Note: In the attached "Actuator Library and Tester.zip", there are a few VIs/controls referenced outside of the actuator library. These can be found in "General VIs.zip".

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jrdwight

It's because you don't have either of the request parameters (Command or Command Argument) wired to the Bundle function in the 'Send Command' request event frame of the Main VI:

missing_params.png

The reason the probes you set are 'Not Executed' is because the Send Command VI is reentrant, which means the instance in which you set the probes is not the reentrant instance that actually runs when you run your Tester VI.

P.S. - In the future, for DQMH-related questions, you should consider posting in the DQMH Discussion Forum instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(203 Views)

Thanks Darren, can't believe I missed that! I think as I was troubleshooting, I was thinking of the "Send Command.vi" as enqueuing a message read directly by the MHL of "Main.vi", rather than creating an event that sends the data through the EHL first. I'm still relatively new to DQMH, so this is a good reminder of how it actually works.

I also appreciate the tip on the DQMH discussion forum, I'll be sure to use that next time!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(173 Views)