LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending LabVIEW Command Line Interface

I'm exploring the NI LabVIEW Command Line Interface (LabVIEWCLI) tools. I've taken the ExecuteBuildSpec Operation and made a new one called ExecuteBuildSpecv2. I added support for parameters for changing Versions, Saving the Project File after a Build, and installing any NIPKG file that gets built. All of that works great. The issue I've come across is how to install this properly for multiple developers and getting the linkage right for both bitnesses to work.

This link can provide background on creating a custom operation.

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview/page/creating-custom-command-line-operations.html

LabVIEW CLI installs here: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW CLI. Even with a 32-bit location, this supports both 64-bit and 32-bit LabVIEW. Inside of the Operations folder contains folders/classes for different operations (Like ExecuteBuildSpec). If I create the ExecuteBuildSpecv2, and get it working with 32-bit. And then try to open it in 64-bit, LabVIEW can't find what should be relative support vi's/classes because its looking in <nishared> which points to C:\Program Files instead of C:\Program Files (x86). (Image Below).

ShockHouse_0-1705433393659.png

The Operations that install with LabVIEW CLI open just fine in either 32-bit or 64-bit, and correctly link the VI's regardless of how they are opened. It's just creating a custom one (or resaving an existing one) that the VI seems to be saving the full path instead of the relative paths. So 64-bit has a hard time after that. Even if you copy and paste one of NI's, it will work in both bitnesses. But if you open it up and change anything and do a save, it will be broken after that in the other bitness. Even if you don't change anything on one of their copied ones, and then hit save all, it will be broken in the other bitness after. 

1. How does NI create the CLI Operations and make sure the classes/vi's use relative paths so it will open in 32-bit and 64-bit just fine? (Or just in general when using something like National Instruments\Shared).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(303 Views)