LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Data from ReadAsync in Named Pipe

Hi,

I have created simple server and client VIs using .NET 4.0 to test out named pipes. @wiebe@CARYA suggested that I try out ReadAsync.  It seems that it works; the IsCompleted flag gets set for the task, but I can't seem to get the data.  It seems like it really wants a pointer to the output array.  If anyone can give me a hint on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate it.  Test VIs are attached. 

JohnEE_0-1718905765216.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(197 Views)

Hi, did you find a solution to this? I have basically the same issue where the ReadAsync buffer is returning zero. I think it is because the buffer is being returned before the task is complete, i.e. at almost the same moment the method is called, the buffer is returned before the task is able to fill the buffer. I cannot find a way around this in LabVIEW and I suspect I will need a wrapper library that deals with the Async task and returns the buffer by firing an event once the task is complete.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(121 Views)

No, never found a solution.  I came to the same conclusion; the function returns before the buffer is filled.  Sorry.

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(88 Views)