LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Canon EOS with LabView

Hello, I want to operate my canon EOS 550D camera with the help of LabView. I found out that ackermann-automation provides library for canon camera. I downloaded and it on my system. Now I can see canon Instr driver in LabView pallette but it is asking for some license number. I am not sure how to get it. I mailed ackermann_automation but i did not get any reply. Can anyone help me please. Also is there any other way to operate my Canon EOS camera with help LabView..!?

Thank you 

Abinash

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,083 Views)

@AbinashB wrote:

Hello, I want to operate my canon EOS 550D camera with the help of LabView. I found out that ackermann-automation provides library for canon camera. I downloaded and it on my system. Now I can see canon Instr driver in LabView pallette but it is asking for some license number. I am not sure how to get it. I mailed ackermann_automation but i did not get any reply. Can anyone help me please. Also is there any other way to operate my Canon EOS camera with help LabView..!?

Thank you 

Abinash

This is interesting!  There is a "buy now" button in addition to a "download" button.  I almost missed it, myself.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,078 Views)

Well, I didn't find the "Buy Now" button that @billko saw, but VIPM notes "Licensing:  A developement license is needed to use the library. It is protected with a simple mechanism. An activation key has to be entered in the block diagramm of the openSystem.vi. Each company will receive a different activation key."  [The spelling errors are present in the VIPM entry -- I just "copy and pasted"].

Why don't you go on the Ackermann Web Site, sign in, and request a Development License?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,039 Views)

Bob, did you not see this page: 

dkfire_0-1695990377798.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,036 Views)

@dkfire wrote:

No, I did not.  As I stated, I open VIPM, typed "Canon" in the Search bar, found "Camera Control for Canon EOS" (from Ackermann Automation GmbH), and noted that it required a Development License.  I did click the link in VIPM that took me to Ackermann's Web site, but I didn't go looking around there for "how to buy" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,018 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

@dkfire wrote:

No, I did not.  As I stated, I open VIPM, typed "Canon" in the Search bar, found "Camera Control for Canon EOS" (from Ackermann Automation GmbH), and noted that it required a Development License.  I did click the link in VIPM that took me to Ackermann's Web site, but I didn't go looking around there for "how to buy" ...

Bob Schor

Wow, I think there is a disconnect between the info "readily" available and what is actually needed to use the plugin.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,002 Views)

Thank you for the response. I too missed the buy now option

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(916 Views)

Thank you for the response. I tried contacting them through mail as well as through some portal in their website. But unfortunately there is no reply as of now.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(915 Views)