cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Resolution Polling Wait protected by password

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an issue with the High Resolution Polling Wait that may be resolved by doing this:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q0000019c9TCAQ&l=es-CL

In order to do that, I need to go to the block diagram window, but the VI is protected by password. I have no idea what the password could be, and I'm stuck there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,810 Views)

It's not PW protected on my system.  What LV version are you using?

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,803 Views)

Hi, Paul,

I run NI LabVIEW 2020 SP1 64 bits.

(Thanks for the laugh, by the way)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,790 Views)

@MatiMarin wrote:

I run NI LabVIEW 2020 SP1 64 bits.

Same here. I can confirm that the diagram has a password. (might be an accidental oversight).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,784 Views)

It is not password protected on LV 2019 64-bit windows10.

Are you using LV on Mac?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,771 Views)

No, Windows 10

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,768 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MatiMarin

Sorry y'all, that was me. We added the VI in LabVIEW 2018, where it had no password. Then, in LabVIEW 2020, it got password-protected by an automated process (run by me) because it calls some internal LabVIEW callbacks on Mac (as described somewhat in the KB entry linked above).

I've attached a non-password-protected copy to this reply, saved in LabVIEW 2020. You should be able to drop this in your vi.lib/Utility folder in LabVIEW 2020 or 2021 (backup the original first, just in case). I have filed Bug 1733037 to LabVIEW R&D to remove the password in a future LabVIEW release.

Message 7 of 10
(1,735 Views)

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your help, it was really kind of you.

Matías

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,621 Views)

Ni LabVIEW vi password protection becomes a joke. There are programs that open any password protected vi in less than 100ms

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(305 Views)

@K.C wrote:

Ni LabVIEW vi password protection becomes a joke. There are programs that open any password protected vi in less than 100ms

https://github.com/tomsoftware/VI-Explorer-VI

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(284 Views)