LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image control is black and can not display any image in an executable application

Solved!
Go to solution

Dears,

Image control is black and can not display any image in an executable application, but it work well in my programing project .😩

thanks a lot .

1.png2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,770 Views)

I could not open your VI.  However, I could create the following VI, run it, build it into an executable, run the Executable, and both worked just fine.  The following is a VI Snippet in LabVIEW 2017 -- it is simple enough you should be able to re-create it in 5-10 minutes.

Display Image.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,705 Views)

My guess is that in the executable, the path for the image is not where your program expects it to be.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,699 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoronoJobana

Do you get any error message?

Do you have a runtime license for Vision on the test computer?

George Zou
Message 4 of 8
(2,691 Views)

Hi Zou,

Thanks for your help , it work well after I remove the vision runtime in my test computer .

JoJo😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,637 Views)

Hi,

I do have the same issue. I made a simple VI to show the issue, when I build it with an exe it does not work. The image control stays black.

Apparently, I do have both Dev and Runtime licenses activated. 

I've been doing exe with image control for a long time, I have never had this issue. Is something new with the last LV releases?

JoJo, how did you solve it? You "removed" the Vision runtime?

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(922 Views)

See this link, which I suspect is the same issue: https://lavag.org/topic/21989-imaq-image-indicator-is-black-now/

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(891 Views)

Thanks, I un-ticked the box and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(865 Views)