LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2014 LLB Build Destination Path Problem

Hello,

I am working on upgrading our code from 8.2.1 to 2014 and have posted various threads of late, so you may have seen them. Currently, I'm trying to update some LLB's we call on our PXI's as we're getting errors on the 2014 saying the LLB code version is out of date. Simple enough. However, when I try to build the LLB, the directory is getting messed up. For instance:

Destination Path is defined to be:

C:\Users\RMaso\Desktop\PXI Project\Safety Parameters\builds\SafetyParameters.llb

which is good, because that's where I want it. However, when I actually build it, it becomes:

C:\Users\RMaso\Desktop\PXI Project\Safety Parameters\builds\C\Users\RMaso\Desktop\PXI Project\Safety Parameters\builds\SafetyParameters.llb

If it's hard to tell what is happening, it's taking the destination path and appending it to the current directory, instead of just putting it into the destination path. The problem is that sometimes it will hang up and create a file called "Safety Parameters" that has no extension to it. Sometimes it will build the path correctly, other than having the extremely long path.

If I change the destination path to be "SafetyParameters.llb", it pops an error saying the path must be absolute. No matter what you put in for the desination path option, it always appends it to the path of the directory where the project is to make a very long path.

When building the file in 8.2.1 it works like you would expect and puts the LLB, SafetyParameters.llb into the folder builds.

Is there something special required from 2014?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,433 Views)

Hello RMaso,

Please check out which of the two methods are you using and that you're following all the steps appropriately:

"Creating a Source Distribution, Application Distribution, or LLB in LabVIEW 8.0 or Later"
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F3DC40A6E3F3B25B862570AD005D1D3D?OpenDocument

Regards,

>>Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,392 Views)