LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW OPC UA client connection to Server without certificates

Hello, 

we have a machine that is controlled by Siemens S7-1500 PLC with OPC UA server, it is configured in a way it can accept guest connections without login, password and any security.

We also have OPC UA client written in LabView, that connects to this server and do some magic.

It was working for 4 years like swiss watch, but then client was not able to connect due to certificate issue (basically the same issue described here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Expired-Default-OPC-UA-certificate/m-p/4092108). After manual recreation of certificate on a PC where LabView OPC UA client runs - everything was fine.

Our customer asked us to get rid of certificates completely (it is completely isolated LAN network with PC and PLC). In the post mentioned above it is written 'certificates used even connection is non-secure'.

Question is: Is that possible to configure LabView OPC UA client in a way, so there are no certificates used at all?

For example, when I am connected to this PLC OPC UA server via UaExpert I am connected without certificates and security - and i want the same from LabView client.

Thanks for any tip!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(202 Views)