LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW PDF Report Generation Toolkit without opening the Word app or alternative

Solved!
Go to solution

I looking for a way how to generate PDF report with multiple data (string, tables and image included) without opening the Word application or user ability to edit it. 

Current solution is that Word will be generated from template and with RGToolkit I add data into it and save is as a PDF.

Problem is that even if I open RGT Word minimalized, the data operation took a while (15 sec data to table15x6 written individually by RGToolkit) and there is concern that user will be able to edit or close this document during the process.

Any ideas? 

Thanks! 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(133 Views)

@LucianH wrote:

I looking for a way how to generate PDF report with multiple data (string, tables and image included) ...

Historically we using Simplicity AI Toolkit to generate PDFs since years. Its not free — you have to pay 355 Euro, but saves lot of my time to build own wrapper around PDF and works. Any other "free" solution don't meet my needs at some points. Can recommend for sure, at least try (I'm not affiliated with Simplicity).

Message 2 of 3
(105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LucianH

at the end I used unzipping xml edit approach from https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Report-Generation-Word-without-installing-any-word/td-p/357...

report generating tool then save PDF without time to editing it so Word app will just open and close minimalized without user ability to edit or close it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(20 Views)