LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW vxlapi CANCASEXL configuration

ok

well the main queri is that the GUI i developed in VB..... how to connect it with CANcaseXL.. as it is an independent GUI entirely separate from the LAB View and all those softwares .

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 49
(2,602 Views)

There is now a reasonably complete wrapper library for the vxlapi.dll uploaded to the NI Developer Community.

You may wish to have a look at it if you're developing for the Vector XL hardware.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-30180

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 49
(2,562 Views)

Dear TroyK,

Thanks for your great work J . It is very helpful.

I need small help. Please help me.

I want to monitor all CAN messages & display it one LabVIEW (like ur LIN example).

LIN.png

I saw XL Receive.vi. It seems OK but I don’t know about “pEventCount” value.

How to set this Value. I want to display all message on Front panel.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/105-35225-175461/2. PNG

Could please suggest me any idea/snippet about this.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 49
(2,483 Views)

Hi Munna,

What do you have so far? Have you followed the API documentation supplied by vector?

If you do a search for "pEventCount" in the "XL Driver Library - Description.pdf" this is what it jumps to:

pEventCount  Pointer to an event counter. On input, the variable must be set to the size (in messages) of the received buffer. On output, the variable contains the number of received messages.

Use xlGetReceiveQueueLevel to get the receive queue level and feed that in to pEventCount input of xlReceive.

(This works for CAN Events but not for LIN events. For LIN events you must loop receiving 1 at a time for each LIN event because the driver has a bug.)

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 49
(2,478 Views)

Dear Troy,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I missed to study Vector Manual. Just now I studied about this function.

I will let you know if there is any doubts.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 49
(2,468 Views)

Dear Troy,

I have made some change for CAN Message Monitor.

I used your LIN sample VI as a reference for this.

Please let me know if there is any changes or feedbacks required.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 49
(2,456 Views)

It's very close.

You just need to replace VXLAPI-Convert_Data_To-s_xl_lin_msg.vi with VXLAPI-Convert_Data_To-s_xl_can_msg.vi and it should do what you want.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 49
(2,450 Views)

Dear TroyK,

Thank you so much for your support as always.

I need small confirmation. please help me.

For Interfacing your Wrapper DLLs with LabVIEW  it required CANCaseXL Hardware licese for LabVIEW?

I have CANcaseXL hardware but for LabVIEW interface  I don't have License beacues I studied  in Vector manual, we need license to use Vector APIs with LabVIEW.

BR,

Munna
Message 38 of 49
(2,440 Views)

Hello Munna,

Good question.

We aren't doing anything that violates Vector licensing.

I only use unlicensed CANcaseXL and VN series hardware. Otherwise the hardware would be too expensive to use.

The LabVIEW license sold by Vector is for a different library they have developed themselves on top of the vxlapi.dll.

I have contacted Vector a number of times regarding thier vxlap.dll and wrapper. They have never questioned my usage of it in this way.

There is no need for a license to use the vxlapi.dll.

The hardware supplied by Vector is a separate product to the software they sell.

The software can use the hardware as a license dongle, but you don't need to buy the software to use the hardware.

Vector freely provides the hardware driver and API to use it in whatever programming language you wish.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 49
(2,438 Views)

Dear Troy,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please tell me if you have any idea,

I want to replace my CANCASEXL with Arduino to Monitor all CAN Signals.

I found some useful information on this Link.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 49
(2,419 Views)