LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Learning on LabVIEW

Hello everyone, I've been facing this issue and I still can't solve the problem until now. So I'm trying to run my Neural Network on LabVIEW. The first time I tried, I was using AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor with 16 GB of RAM and LabVIEW 2018 64-bit and also Python 3.6.0 64-bit, for the OS I'm using Windows 11. When I execute the program, the LabVIEW suddenly force closing without giving any notice, it's just suddenly close. Then I decided to try in my new laptop, which has Intel i5 10th-Gen Processor with 8 GB of RAM, for the software version I'm still using the exact same version, LabVIEW 2018 64-Bit and also Python 3.6.0 64-Bit. When I tried to execute the program, I still have the exact same issue. I need someone to assist me cause I can't really tell what's going on, it's just suddenly gone, the program force closing. I'd be grateful if someone could assist me, Thankyou very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(1,653 Views)

The red flag I am seeing is "Windows 11", none of the software you mention are supported on Windows 11, try changing to Windows 10 or upgrading to software that support Windows 11.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(1,604 Views)

Okay so I did downgrade my Windows to Windows 10 20H2 version, I still got error, I have the screenshot on the attachment. Is there any solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(1,551 Views)

Hi n0,

@n0psl0l0l wrote:

I still got error,

So the problem is with your software/executable…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(1,538 Views)

So, do I have to downgrade or is there anything I should fix from the software?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(1,523 Views)

Hi n0,

@n0psl0l0l wrote:

is there anything I should fix from the software?

When your software crashes then you should fix that software…

In the first step you should try to find the exact part of your code that produces the crash…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 14
(1,506 Views)

@n0psl0l0l wrote:

Hello everyone, I've been facing this issue and I still can't solve the problem until now. So I'm trying to run my Neural Network on LabVIEW. The first time I tried, I was using AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor with 16 GB of RAM and LabVIEW 2018 64-bit and also Python 3.6.0 64-bit, for the OS I'm using Windows 11. When I execute the program, the LabVIEW suddenly force closing without giving any notice, it's just suddenly close. Then I decided to try in my new laptop, which has Intel i5 10th-Gen Processor with 8 GB of RAM, for the software version I'm still using the exact same version, LabVIEW 2018 64-Bit and also Python 3.6.0 64-Bit. When I tried to execute the program, I still have the exact same issue. I need someone to assist me cause I can't really tell what's going on, it's just suddenly gone, the program force closing. I'd be grateful if someone could assist me, Thankyou very much!

Hello, I am interested in this topic. Can you share more details about how your neural net is implemented. For instance are you using LabVIEW to call Python to call PyTorch? Or have you implemented the Neural Net in pure LabVIEW or Python? This might help with the issue you are having. For instance Python 3.6 is pretty old and will not work with modern PyTorch so if you crash your PyTorch framework in your Python instance in your LabVIEW instance you might get some LabVIEW crash report like you are seeing. 

(1,493 Views)

For the Neural Network, I trained the Neural Network through Google Colab. So I just imported the model to the LabVIEW using Python. The attachment file below will show how I import my Neural Network model to my LabVIEW. I'm using Tensorflow for the library

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(1,477 Views)

@n0psl0l0l wrote:

For the Neural Network, I trained the Neural Network through Google Colab. So I just imported the model to the LabVIEW using Python. The attachment file below will show how I import my Neural Network model to my LabVIEW. I'm using Tensorflow for the library

So does labview crash wen you hit run on the VI? Has this worked in the past and you changed computers? What exactly is happening? If you cant post your code, you need to be very explicit in order to get help.  

(1,469 Views)

I tried to run on my friend's laptop, and it works fine without any error. But when I tried it on my laptop, it just crashed. I can't figure what it went wrong from the code, cause it runs pretty well on my friend's laptop. My friend was using the same version of LabVIEW and Python, for the specification of the laptop is Intel i5 8th Gen with 8 GB of RAM and he was using Windows 10

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(1,466 Views)