LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing DAQmx examples 21.0.1f2

Hello all,

I am new to Labview, and I am trying to look into DAQmx examples to help set up connection to a device.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the examples in the example finder as described in some of the learning modules: the folders are entirely absent.
Attached is a screenshot of the Hardware I/O folder in the example finder, as it is for me.

I have dug through the Labview folders to see if the examples may be found there, and while I have found example DAQmx projects, I seem to be unable to open them

I am trying to find the continuous voltage measurement example.

I have found this thread with a similar problem, but I find the solution doesn't apply to my situation: Solved: Re: Missing DAQmx - NI Community

The versions mentioned are out of date, the link in the solution is dead, and my install is controlled by my organization.

If anyone can point me to where i can find data acquisition examples for these devices, I'll be most grateful

Version installed: 21.0.1f2

Device drivers installed: 2021 v1 EN

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(143 Views)

First check in NI-MAX under the Software section to confirm you have DAQmx installed.  If so, you may have installed it without the examples.  They should install by default, but you can re-install DAQmx and select to add them if you need.

Installing LabVIEW NI-DAQmx Examples in Windows - NI

You can get DAQmx installer here:  NI-DAQ™mx Download - NI

If you can't install without IT permission, you will have to pass this info along to them.  Make sure they select the correct version to download.  Everything from 2024-Q3 to the ancient version 9.0 is available.  

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(111 Views)

Thank you for your response.
Looking in NI-MAX, I see that DAQmx has been installed.
Unfortunately, I cannot adjust the install to install the examples. I will see if I can take it up with my IT department.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(82 Views)