LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus device not working with Labview, but works with Python.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have trying to connect a modbus device using Labview but it does not work at all. My previous application uses Python (pymodbusTCP) and it works well.
I have gotten the errors 56 and 66. I suppose it can not be a network problem because it works well with a python script. The address and port is all the same.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(602 Views)

Are you using NI Modbus Library Toolkit for LabVIEW?

You can Performing a Good NI I/O Trace Capture for Debugging/Troubleshooting to debug the data sent and received

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(567 Views)

Hi Zyong,

Thank you for replying. I have used so far two libraries, NI Modbus Library and Plasmionique Modbus Master. None of them has worked.
To begin I just would like to read the holding registers from the device.
I have been using Labview 2024 Q1.

Best,

Henrique 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(551 Views)

Can you share your code for version 2020 ? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(518 Views)

I have been using Labview version 2024 Q1.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(514 Views)

A picture is not code! Why are there terminals without label?

Do you really want to do two things (reading/writing) in parallel with no clue what happens first?

@henk1000 wrote:

I have been using Labview version 2024 Q1.

Capture

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(506 Views)

I have tried also only reading and the result was the same. The program is quite simple so I find it not necessary to post it. If it is really necessary I can post it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(493 Views)

@henk1000 wrote:

The program is quite simple so I find it not necessary to post it.

Again, a picture of code with unlabeled terminal and coercion dots (e.g. your "register to write" should not be U8) raises a lot of red flags. We also can't tell any of the wire values. Is LabVIEW allowed to use the network? Do you really think you should branch the wire?

(disclaimer: I don't do modbus and I am not familiar with your toolkits. Hopefully somebody else will help.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(489 Views)

Hi,

This is the code.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(476 Views)

The biggest gotcha I usually see is the address, from the NI Modbus documentation:

ShockHouse_0-1719955746808.png

So I would check to make sure the register you want to read is correct.

Usually error 56/66 are a a result of the remote application closing the connection. Which could likely happen if the address, or amount of bytes are wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(447 Views)