Did you mean: 

PWM signal with usb-6000 digital output

Solved!
Go to solution

I see.  Thank you for the explanation.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(140 Views)

I am trying to drive a ESC controller for a motor with pulse-width modulation.  I want to do this with a small circuit.  I have done some research and was wondering if I can do this with a pulse width modulator?  If so, do I need a MOFSET as well?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(119 Views)

@jseele69 wrote:

I am trying to drive a ESC controller for a motor with pulse-width modulation.  I want to do this with a small circuit.  I have done some research and was wondering if I can do this with a pulse width modulator?  If so, do I need a MOFSET as well?

To keep things simple, all you need is an Arduino. If you want to test the ESC manually, you can buy a cheap $4 servo tester.

What is your end goal? to control the speed of a BLDC motor using ESC from LabVIEW? if yes, Arduino is the simplest way, or if you need a more professional solution, what is your budget?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(101 Views)

As I mentioned in my original question, my end goal is to use an electronic circuit, not an arduino.  And yes I am trying to drive a BLDC motor.

I am much more interested in optimizing my current setup to be compact, which is why I don’t want to use an arduino.  I don’t have a budget per se, but I need to keep it pretty cheap.

If it matters at all, I work in a research lab, so I already have certain resources at my disposal such as basic electronic components, NI daqs, and power supplies.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(98 Views)

Arduino or other Arduino-like development boards are very versatile and save you a lot of time and money.

If you want the absolute minimal circuit to operate an ESC, try the IC555 based circuit - https://elonics.org/servo-motor-controller-tester-circuit-using-555-ic/

Check for USB Servo Controllers like the range from Pololu - these are compact and can be automated using the computer.

santo_13_0-1720448136963.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(78 Views)