LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peek/poke on NI Max?

I would like to utilize/automate testing through NI Max for discrete I/O tests. Currently I just enter “peek X 0x0000” for example in putty and read the response. Does anyone know what LABview tool I could do this with? Measurement & Automation explorer? TestStand? Does anyone know of any videos that demonstrate how to set this up?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(198 Views)

Hi vebba,

@vebba wrote:

I would like to utilize/automate testing through NI Max for discrete I/O tests. Currently I just enter “peek X 0x0000” for example in putty and read the response. Does anyone know what LABview tool I could do this with? Measurement & Automation explorer? TestStand? Does anyone know of any videos that demonstrate how to set this up?

• You could use the VISA test panel to send commands to and read responses from a device.
  • You can create your own LabVIEW VI to do the same.
  • There are other options as well, most of them require some programming (or configuring at least)…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(191 Views)

If you want that exact functionality you can make an exe that takes command line parameters, parses it and does some DAQ actions. It shouldn't be too hard. 🙂

If you call it Peek.exe it'd be very similar in total.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(132 Views)