LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revised "Generate Excel Report" Example

Solved!
Go to solution

I've noticed that several Forum Users have asked me questions about this Demo.  If you post them here, I probably won't see them, as the Forum doesn't always notify me.  If you know how to send a Private Message through the Forums, though, I'll see those and will respond.

What brought me here today is a Bug!! that I just discovered.  A Forum User reported "I have gotten a new computer at work that required a reinstall of LabVIEW. After installation of LabVIEW on the new computer, there appears to be a dependency issue with the NI_ReportGeneration toolkit in my project."  He didn't show us the Error Message, so I recommended he try my Example both "as is" and as a Built Executable.  But I realized that I hadn't tested it in LabVIEW 2021 (which he was using --he's also using 64-bit, and I'm 32-bit), nor had I ever tried it as an Executable.  So I tried both.

And the Executable crashed!  The crash was because I used a simple-minded method to get the File Path for the Report, which I knew (but forgot!) didn't work in Executables.  Substituting "Default Data Directory" for "Current VI's Path" in Step 13 fixed the problem.

Well, 8 years late, I discover and fix a (silly) bug in my code.  I can live with that ...

I'm not posting a new Demo -- modify it yourself, please.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(293 Views)