cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing minor grip on a Waveform Chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Waveform Chart to show Resistance(Y) and Sample(X) relationship. Because the resistance is very stable between samples, I basically don't see any grid on the Y-axis. No matter how I set the minor grid in the property, it just won't show. The only way it will show any kind of grid on the Y-axis is when I turn off the auto-scale and set max/min values on the major grid, but I don't get the resolution I like as the data will just show a flat line since the scale is so wide. Anyone can help with this?

robinweidfcom_0-1720658520814.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(329 Views)

Right-click the Chart Object on the Front Panel and choose "Properties".  Look at the "Scales" properties, especially "Scale Styles and Colors".  The little picture at the left, if you click it, shows a 3x3 grid of options for ticks and axis labels for each (X and Y) scale.  You can have no numbers, numbers at beginning and end (only), or numbers along the axis; similar with tick marks.

You can also right-click the Chart and ask for Help, which should pop up a description of the Chart that describes the various types of charts and their many properties.  By reading and learning, you should be able to configure the Chart as you desire.  Give it a try, and if you still are having problems, create a VI with some data that you can plot, do a "Save for Previous Version" and specify LabVIEW 2019 or 2021 (so older users of LabVIEW, such as I, can open them), explain what you want to do, but cannot.

Bob Schor

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(305 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your suggestions. I was able to mange the chart to show the minor ticks, but look pretty awful. 😞  I wish there is a way to specify the minor tick value in Waveform Chart. I will continue to play with the scale property to make it look better.

robinweidfcom_0-1720720055171.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robinwei@df.com

I didn't see it in the GUI right-click menu at first glance, but it's available via property node. Right click the block diagram terminal, then select Create -> Property node -> Y scale -> Range -> Minor increment. You can set that to whatever you'd like.

(That same submenu off Range lets you set the major tickmarks as well, FYI)

Message 4 of 5
(265 Views)

Hi Bert,

That works! in fact, it just allowed me to explore a whole bunch of other options for the chart. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(249 Views)