LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet File Reading from data

I have a spreadsheet file containing a time column and a data(RPM) column. I am trying to read the spreadsheet file in order, as the time goes, and recall the rpm number from that file. I would like for the time in the spreadsheet(found in seconds) to line up with the time in the VI(floating point). I also need the output of the data to be in DBL type. 

FYI the file I have has 45000 lines, im not sure if that will be an issue in reading a file that large. 

I have tried using read from measurement file and read from text file. Both with no luck. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(109 Views)

Hi pstawiar

@pstawiar wrote:

I have tried using read from measurement file and read from text file. Both with no luck. 

Why don't you attach your VI?

Why don't you attach the spreadsheet file (or a smaller example file)?

Why do you need "luck" when it comes to running your own software?

What kind of help do you expect when you don't provide useful information?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(100 Views)

The term "spreadsheet" is not a well defined format. It could be an excel file or a delimited text file. If it is a delimited text file you need to know the column delimiter (tab, space, comma, semicolon, etc..) and potentially also the decimal delimiter (comma or period).

45k lines with two DBL values/line translates to less than a megabyte. That's very small.

Can you explain the "no luck" part? (no data, incorrect data, truncated data, transposed data, error generated, program crashes, computer crashes, etc.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(66 Views)