LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Missing Dependency in: SLASensorTune.vi: Library not found or failed to load.

Dear Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing an issue regarding the invocation of a DLL in different environments, and I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance you can provide.

The problem arises when attempting to invoke a DLL that was built in LabVIEW 2018 32-bit version from a 32-bit executable developed in VS2022 (C#) on a 32-bit Windows 10 machine. Surprisingly, the DLL invocation works flawlessly in my development environment, which consists of a 64-bit Windows system with LabVIEW 2018 RTE (32-bit) and a 32-bit executable created using Visual Studio.

Upon investigating the differences between the development and production environments, I discovered one significant distinction. In the production environment, the 32-bit RTE is stored in the "C:\Program Files" directory, while in the development environment, it is located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" directory. In an attempt to resolve the missing library issue, I manually copied the RTE files to the "C:\Program Files (x86)" directory. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the problem.

I am reaching out to seek your expertise and assistance in resolving this matter. If you have any insights, suggestions, or alternative approaches that could help me overcome this hurdle, I would be extremely grateful. Feel free to let me know if you need any further information to understand the problem. 

Full Error Message 

"System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Brooks.LV.MFC740.SensorTune.LvClient' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Missing Dependency in: SLASensorTune.vi: Library not found or failed to load: LM Numeric Gradient.vi ---> NationalInstruments.LabVIEW.Interop.VIAssemblyException: Missing Dependency in: SLASensorTune.vi: Library not found or failed to load: LM Numeric Gradient.vi"

Best, 
Jatin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(547 Views)