LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TabControl is slow but only when I'm looking

Hey, I'm using a 2014 LabView, I have a TabControl with 5 pages, each page has it's own TabControl with 3-5 pages, each page has hundreds of indicators. I programatically change indicator captions on all pages during the program runtime. The new captions are read from a spreadsheet file. I select a different thing in a ComboBox which triggers the program to change the captions.

I noticed that when I initiate the change, it takes 10-20 seconds for all the indicators on the active page to change. Except that if I click away on a different page right after initiating the change, and then click back, all the indicators immediatly appear changed. Also, this different page that I click on, also initially appears to be changing slowly, but If I click back on it again, all the indicators immediatly appear changed too. Clicking on a third page shows that it changed immediatly.

It doesn't matter what specific pages I'm selecting as first, second or third.

The behaviour is consistent whether I'm clicking between pages on the sub TabControls or the main TabControl.

What is the cause and is there any way to mitigate the 10-20s wait?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(82 Views)

Temporarily deferring panel updates should significantly improve performance.

RamonG_0-1727777534300.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(57 Views)

If you are cross-posting from reddit, you need to give a link to the other discussion so we can avoid duplicate efforts.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(9 Views)