LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Dialog Box

I finally finished off my Universal Dialog Box and submitted it as an example program.

Download All
Message 1 of 15
(353 Views)

How do you open a .chm attachment?  Can't see much ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(299 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

How do you open a .chm attachment?  Can't see much ...

Bob Schor

Windows should know how to open it.

Attached are Word versions.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(294 Views)

Windows may not open a compiled help manual, .chm if it is marked as Downloaded.  It will not open from network locations either. 

Plug:

On a side note, NI, PLEASE bring back offline help!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(288 Views)

@paul_a_cardinale wrote:

I finally finished off my Universal Dialog Box and submitted it as an example program.

Usually we posting code without documentation, this time you share documentation without code 😉

Seems to be link was forgotten: Universal Dialog Box.

@MichaelS78 wrote:

Windows may not open a compiled help manual, .chm if it is marked as Downloaded.  It will not open from network locations either. 

Plug:

To open chm you need to check last box in Properties Window (sorry for screenshot in German):

Screenshot 2024-05-29 05.32.12.png

And to get Offline Help back launch small Utility

Screenshot 2024-05-29 05.36.17.png

then

2024-05-29 05.36.33 - NI-Hilfe - Einstellungen.jpg

Sorry for German screenshots again, technically this tool is located in this folder together with Viewer:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 05.44.40.png

But personally I also prefer old school light weight chm instead of this "monster" modern viewer, because its tooo slooow for me, even on the fast PC.

Message 5 of 15
(263 Views)

I mentioned that I had submitted it as an Example program, but forgot to include the link.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/Universal-Dialog-Box/ta-p/4375400

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(236 Views)

Drat.  I forgot that the Mac version of the LabVIEW function "Recursive File List.vi" gags on a symbolic path.

I'll fix it and release a Mac-compatible version.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(176 Views)

I believe I've ironed out all the multiplatform compatibility issues.  Also simplified the installation process, and a little other cleanup.

Version 3.1: Universal Dialog Box - NI Community

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(91 Views)

Drat again.

I left remnants of debugging code in there, so the UTF-16 LE handling doesn't work.

Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(39 Views)

@MichaelS78 wrote:

Plug:

OT: Use the installed program NI Help Preferences   to select the installed offline help viewer by default.  NOTE: NI rarely patches the offline content but keeps the online content updated as documentation issues are resolved.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(32 Views)