LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform indexing

Hello,

I am trying build a waveform in order to save to a file. I don't believe I am building my waveform correctly because my values in my graph are only plotted by their index value not against time. I seem to save the timestamped data in my measurement file; however, it is repeating values and timestamps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,309 Views)

You didn't assign any dT value for your waveform, so it will default to 1.  That is the delta time between samples.

But what is the time between samples?  Your loop is running as fast as it can as whatever rate the modbus functions will respond with data.  Suppose a response takes longer than usual to come back?  There is no consistent dT in your data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,277 Views)

Are each of those data points read from the Modbus read supposed to be separate channels?  Right now, you are writing all of the values into 5 different waveforms.  I think what you really need to do is use Array To Spreadsheet String to format your data and use Format Date/Time String to format your timestamp.  My recommendation is to use a tab as the delimiter between your channels and save your data to a simple text file.  Excel can open up txt files just fine when formatted this way.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,274 Views)