LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Read Single Point" Keithley 2400 Problems

Hello!

I am recentely having some problems with the "Read Single Point Measurements" function in Labview 2012. I have already sucessfully used my Keithley 2400 in other programs to sweep the voltage, but now I am trying to use it also to read the current across my sample. 

I wrote a very simple program, which resemble the one you can find among Labview examples (see 1st attachment). The only differences are a sweep-subVI and a "for" cycle. My problem occurs at the "Read" Keithley function. On the Keithley's screen I have the following errors:

- 113 : undefined header;

- 230: data corrupt or stale;

- 420: query unterminated.

While in the Block diagram, when the system gets to the "read" function, the error -1074000000 shows up.

I have found a lot of posts on this topic, but unfortunately I could not find the any solution for me. I also tried the 2nd attached program, to check the comunication to the instrument, but errors still occur. In "Measurements and Automatic", it says that the instrument is working properly. 

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks 😉 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,584 Views)

The Keithley is telling you that it doesn't understand what you are trying to do.  I suggest reading the programmer's guide so you know the appropriate commands to send, and the syntax expected.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,564 Views)

I would recommend single stepping through your program to see exactly what command is causing an error on your sourcemeter.  I'm thinking if you manage to find and fix that Undefined Header error, the rest will be taken care of as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,561 Views)

I had the same issue, I fixed it by getting a firmware revision update by changing it to C30.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,521 Views)

Hi Akam 520,

I have already read about this firmware update but I am not really experienced. First of all, how can I check which firmware I have now? And most important thing, is there the possibility to damage the Keithley? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,500 Views)

@vemod wrote:

First of all, how can I check which firmware I have now?

Most instruments will return the firmware version if you do a *IDN? querry.

Manufacturers aren't going to release updates if it will damage the unit.  But I would recommend having a copy of the current firmware just in case this update causes changes you don't want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,492 Views)

The following video demonstrates how to check the firmware revision: http://www.keithley.nl/centralized_display?mn=2400&assetid=55934.

In order to update the firmware you will be need to download a flash program and the firmware file. gAfter obtaining the Flash program and the Firmware file from Keithley Application support staff, unzip the three files in a folder of your choice and run the "setup.exe" program.  Follow the instructions to install the program.  When the installation is complete, launch the program from your Windows Start menu under Programs/Keithley Instruments. The Application support staff will also provide the file for the latest firmware revision. Put that file in a folder where you can find it and then run the Flash Wizard32 program. The program will autodetect the instrument and request to specify the firmware file.

This link contains the flash program: http://www.keithley.com/base_download?dassetid=52609

See attactment for the firmware revision.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,458 Views)

Hi Akam520,

thank you very much for this information. I will definitely check for this update in the next days. My only fear is that if something goes wrong during the update, I can say "bye bye" to the Keithley. 

I will let you know! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,449 Views)

Hi Akam,

I had the same issues of errors -113, -420 with LabVIEW 2013 when running a program which was written for LabVIEW 2010.  I installed the flash program and upgraded the firmware using the file 2400c30 as you mentioned. Bam!! the program works perfectly for which I wasted 3-4 days to make it run.

Thanks

Anup

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,385 Views)