LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runing two VI on subpanels

hello.

I am trying to create an application in which I can run a  two VI in a  subpane.when i run my program it run for 5 second and then a message appears..

i have no idea about it..please can you help me!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,870 Views)

this is my program

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,867 Views)

What does the message say?

Does it only happen in the build application or also in the development environment?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,866 Views)

Error 1000 occurred at Invoke Node in eicas.vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Does this happen on the first iteration of that while loop or the second?

The layout of that VI is odd.  You have a boolean that selects one VI or another.  Okay.  But then you proceed to open a reference to it, run it, and insert it into the subpanel on every iteration of the while loop.  You should only be doing this once.  You probably are getting the error when you try to run a VI that is already running from the previous iteration.

You an event structure that only runs when there is a value change on the boolean.  Then remove the existing VI from the subpanel, stop running and close it.  The open the other reference, insert it and run it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,842 Views)

How long have you been using LabVIEW? I just wrote a series of articles on how to do just what it seems like you are trying to do. The bottom line is that the error literally means that the vi is in a state where LabVIEW can't do what the invoke node was trying to do.

You should insert the vi into the subpanel ONE time. The subpanel connection does not need to be refreshed, updated or maintained. Once it is there you don't have to bother with the subpanel at all until you are ready to put a different vi in the same subpanel, or you program is shutting down... 

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,826 Views)