LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop annoying auto pop-ups of VI front panels

When executing a VI (RT target), some of my project's VI keep opening their front panels on start. This is quite annoying. How can I switch off auto popups for each VI? I already looked into the VI properties but I can not find such a switch.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,173 Views)

hit CTLR+I

then select "window appearence" from "category" drop down box

hit the "Customize" button and unckeck the option "Show front panel when called" (if it is checked)

Other reason could be that the program is automatically opeing the FP of the VI throgh the property nodes(FP.Open). You have to check this and either remove or wire a "false" value

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
Message 2 of 14
(4,146 Views)

No check box was checked in each VI front panel (see image below). Also, I do not know about those VI property nodes. I am sure, I did not use them anywhere.

front_panel_properties.jpg

Maybe this information helps: The front panels are opening while deploying the VIs. It seems, that LabView is building and sending one VI after another to the RT system -- and some VIs open their front panel after being sent and before the next is about to be sent (the progress dialog still visible).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,134 Views)

I'm not that familiar with LVRT, but could it be that the VIs that are popping up during deployment are the VIS that have had changes made to them since last deployment?  If so, then the system is compiling those for RT, and I would guess that the front panels are shown because they need to be opened in order to compile before deploying.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 4 of 14
(4,100 Views)

The shown front panels are always the same subset of my project's VIs. They are opening although there is no modification (e. g. opening the project for the first time and deploying immediately). Other VIs of my project do not open without any reason.

The problem is the same with my colleague's pc and a copy of the same project. I am using LabView 2009. The very same VIs are always poping up on his pc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,086 Views)

I have same issue. Did you find a solution? During the deployment of a vi many subvi frontpannels pop up.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,351 Views)

@IgMaBa wrote:

I have same issue. Did you find a solution? During the deployment of a vi many subvi frontpannels pop up.

Still in LV2009?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,334 Views)

I just stumbled upon the same behavior at a customer (LV2016 f2 on a PXI running Phar Lap ETS 13.1), and I can't really remember seeing this behavior before. 

Does anybody have any clue or hints?

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (Developer Experience that makes you smile )

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,247 Views)

@joerg.hampel wrote:

Does anybody have any clue or hints?

A recording would help. When not faced with this problem, it's hard to say what's happening (even the symptoms, let alone an explanation or solution).

Any chance those popping VIs have "Retain Wire Values" turned on? That would make some sense, as the RT might not be able to do that buffering.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,239 Views)

I cannot record here at the customer due to non-disclosure issues, but I'll try to reproduce it in the office with a sample application.

The VIs whose front panels are opened are all DQMH modules. Of all 12 modules in this application, only two show this behavior. I have yet to find out how those two differ from the rest. Also, it seems that the behavior changes between the first run after starting LabVIEW (or the PXI? or both?) and consecutive runs, or maybe it depends on wether the VIs are changed between runs or not...

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (Developer Experience that makes you smile )

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,228 Views)