LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web publishing tool delays downloading front panel

Hello,

Using the web publishing tool from a browser installed on a host computer I can succesfully monitor and control a front panel on a real time target (myrio). When connected, the mozilla plugin is downloading the front panel which is about 680Kbytes and when that is fully loaded i can have full access to the required parameters and controls on that remote vi. However, sometimes the communication between the computer and the target can be broken for some seconds which is something i am expecting since myrio is installed on a flying aircraft whereas the computer is at the Ground level. The problem occurs when the broken connection exists for an extended period of time. Then after reconnection the host needs to download again the front panel and since it is 680Kbytes most of the times the mozilla browser is not downloading it fast enough before the next break in communication occurs.

Since this front panel is loaded the first time is it possible to change something in mozilla  plugin or Labview real time engine in order to continually have the front panel loaded on the browser?

So in the case that the connection is broken i would like the mozilla plugin to keep the front panel loaded even if the new parameter values do not arrive.

When the communication is re-established then only the new parameters will be downloaded and not the whole vi. Is this possible?

Thank you,

Christos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,379 Views)

Hey Christos,

I'm not sure if that is possible  with the plugin, but I will double check. If you are just looking to do some basic monitoring and control, using a web service might be better suited in this case, since it is lighter and can serve actual web pages instead of relying on a plugin. Feel free to check out our Web development community group, try some of the examples, and post to our discussions: https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/web-services

Daniel C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,319 Views)