Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing niScope file

I have tried to install a program in a new computer the niScope vis are missing. The folder should be in Program x86/NI/Labview 2009/instr.lib/niScope but the niScope folder is no longer there. 

I know my original programs are old(Labview 2009 and niScope 3.5.1) but I tried installing newer niScope drivers and that did not fix the problem. 

I thought about uninstalling but it seems you have to uninstall all National instruments programs. 

I have an old system but it does what I need it to do and I do not want to spend 5K to upgrade.

Any helpful suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,688 Views)

Hi VisionProf,

Can you give us more details on what was the program you installed?

Also a list of the steps you took in order to arrive at the current situation.

A list of the missing VIs should be helpful.

Warm Regards,

Enhernan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,652 Views)

The labview program is LabView 2009.

The niScope program is version 3.5.1.

I  installed Labview, then niScope on a new computer. 

The missing VIs  are niScope Read Cluster.vi, niScope Actual Record Length. vi

niScope Sample Rate.vi, niScope Initialize.vi, niScope Configure Vertical. vi, niScope Configure Chan Characteristics.vi, niScope Configure Horizontal Timing.vi, niScope, Configure Trigger Edge.vi, niScope Configure Trigger (poly).vi., niScope Trigger Source.vi, niScope Error Handler.vi, niScope Close.vi

I am running Windows 10 whereas the old computer ran Windows XP (which might be part of the problem). 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,648 Views)

Hi VisionProf,

You can check this compatibility chart between Windows and LabVIEW. You can see that LabVIEW 2009 is not compatible with Windows 10. 

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53409/en/

This means that LabVIEW 2009 has not been tested on Windows 10 and there is no guarantee everything is going to work.

The same goes for the NI-Scope 3.5.1 which is not compatible with Windows 10.

I hope this clarifies your questions.

Have a nice day!

Warm Regards,

Enrique

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,641 Views)

Thank you for the information. If I upgrade to Labview 2018, will I need to buy a different National Instruments digitizer. I am currently using NI-PCI 5122. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,622 Views)

If you check the readme file of the NI-SCOPE 18.5 which is compatible with LabVIEW 2018 you see that the PCI-5122 is under the list of compatible devices. 

http://download.ni.com/support/softlib//high_speed_digitizers/niscope/18.5/readme.htm

Everything should work.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,618 Views)