NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while installing the MSI at 'nisystemlink_message_brokeri.msi'.

I can't find words to thank u for this solution.But THANK YOU 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,436 Views)

@maxbrown

Just as a heads up.  I ran into this issue AGAIN when updating an older version of system link to the most recent (2023 Q3).  I'm not 100% sure what version the upgrade was from (I think it was a SL 2021 Version).

I was attempting to do an "in-place" upgrade to retain some settings that I didn't want to lose... and when upgrading the Msg Broker package, I got similar errors.

After the first upgrade failed, I found I had to do the following to get the package to install successfully:

- Remove the registry folder for Erlang (HKLM\Software\Ericsson)

- Remove the service "NI SystemLink Message Bus"

Force stop the process "epmd.exe"

(I think this was a process left hanging in memory, since the directory that it came from was no longer there... (Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Skyline\RabbitMQ)

- Delete the folder %programdata%\National Instruments\Skyline\RabbitMQ

It seems that it was pulling "old settings" from the RabbintMQ folder for the "new installation", and it couldn't clear that folder because it was locked by the epmd.exe... which took me a while to track down... the bolded step of shutting down that stranded process ended up being the key.

I'll be honest, it's pretty frustrating to still be encountering these types of errors. On SystemLink Installations... what should be a relatively fast 30 minute install turns into a 3 hour scavenger hunt to figure out "what didn't the installer clean up..."

Message 12 of 17
(1,965 Views)

Happened for me as well during update to 2023 Q3 from Q1:

Screenshot 2023-08-15 13.58.29.png

Finally was able to install using the workarounds provided in this topic.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,907 Views)

It worked for me! Thank you very much for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,670 Views)

Hey i am getting the same error tried the command to delete "nisystemlink_message_brokeri.msi" but still getting the error. I am installing the 2023 version.

JayNair01_1-1696867025390.png

This is what my log looks like.

JayNair01_2-1696867059596.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,547 Views)

I'm not totally sure what you mean about deleting the msi... 

A couple of suggestions... check the updated post a few above your response:
     https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/An-error-occurred-while-installing-the-MSI-at-nisys...

Where I solved this recently for 2023.

Also, NI pushed out a patch, which supposedly resolved at least some of this, so make sure you're installing the latest version

jyoung8711_0-1696867769587.png

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,540 Views)

FARSHIDABDEHGAH_0-1699536718123.png

hi everyone!

During the installation of Version 2023Q1, I received this problem. Is anyone here to help me solve it and also manage this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,225 Views)