NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Reporting

Hello,

I've personally come to like the HTML report displayed for me out of the optioins availible in TestStand.

I have test sequences that go into tens of thousands of test steps. 🙂 And there will be only more to come.

The option of not logging the correct executions and show only the failed test steps is usefull for me when I'm running the sequence pre-release.

But there is one problem with it 🙂 when I run the test and it does not fail even once the report is empty.

I've a few loose thoughts and I'd like some help with them.

1) Is there a way to run the test in a way to get two HTML reports? ( one with failures only, and the other one with everything during a single test execution)

2) If I were to use ATML for example as opposed to HTML. Does anybody know a sowtware tool that could be used to work on the ATML output file and visualize the report via filtering ( by skipped, failed ... etc ) I think this could be usefull for many of us 😉 Maybe NI allready has thought of this... or someone knows of such a tool. I haven't used Diadem yet... maybe it has such a feature? 🙂 maybe  it's a nice to have feature ? 😄

Any other suggestions / ideas how .

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,582 Views)

Hi,

If you are using 4.2.x then you could try Using Expressions to Customize Report File Paths, you can direct PASS or FAILED results to different files.

<UUTStatus>—UUT status during execution.
Refer to Specifying Report File Paths by Expression for more information about each macro and about using expressions to specify the filename of reports.

Check the Help, and I think there is and example in the TestStand examples folder.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 5
(3,579 Views)

Hi Ray,

The option you mentioned should get me to where I want to be, I'll get back to this thread and click the solution button 🙂 as soon as get some time to try it out!

Thanks!,

Maciej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,546 Views)

Hello again,

I checked out the manual section that describes the feature you've mentioned.
This doesn't get me where I wanted however, based on how I understand it.

It seems that you allways get one output report file.

The options you've mentioned will allow me to based on the result of that test, put the output file in a different directory, put it under a different name etc....

However I do not think I'm able to have what I wanted, that is allways get two output report files :
One filtered out with failures only, and a second one that contains it all. ( as it seems that the filtering cannot be different for the Full file and the Faiulre only file )

I might consider using ATML, and perhaps developing some GUI app that would enable me to read in Everything, and browse it, and just display on the fly what I'm interested in... i.e. show all skipped, or all done, or all pass... based on some checkbox or whatever.

I'm affraid however that both XML and ATML reports are burdened with an issue that causes an out of memory error of somekind when the reports are big

XML Out Of Mem

Message Edited by Mac671 on 03-01-2010 08:50 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,506 Views)

I want to fix the link as it seems to be broken....

XML out of mem

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,499 Views)