NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Step issues

Dear all,

After going through several relevant topics posted in this forum, at the beginning I do want to know how a custom step works exactly but eventually I found this is an unachievable job.  

So, I create a Demo to verify what I suppose and there are several issues lastly:

1, Why there is no vi configuration in Step Settings Tab as shown in Pic 2.

2, How to sync the config to Step Settings?

3, How to switch to TS’s default style in its step setting Tab because those native parameter can not be quoted in LabVIEW front panel.

Please tell me the subtle techniques I missed, thanks.

More details about Pic 1,

Arrow 1 shows a callback to create a LV object of lvclass and store it to StationGlobals

Arrow 2 shows the custom step I create;

Arrow 3 shows the window once I click the button Edit.

In Demo.zip, Please copy StationGlobals.ini to your TS target folder(mine is C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2016 (64-bit)\Cfg), or create a station global named Instr_lvclass of type Object Reference.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,248 Views)

Without looking into your Demo.zip: It is highly recommended to NOT use a step default module for custom step types. Use substep modules (pre or post) instead as these are the recommended ones. Find out why by reading help or browsing this forum. It has been discussed (too) many times....

Also i do recommend you to not depend on any variables except step variables or 'generic' variables. That means that your step type should NOT rely on specific StationGlobals you define yourself on your machines.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,221 Views)

Hi, Nobert, thanks for you concise tips.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,207 Views)