NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different behaviour in calling VI with Enum using LV and TS

Dear all,

since the LabView data type "enum" is not implemented in TestStand, we are investigating the behaviour of TestStand and LabView.

Therefore, we compared the result of TestStand and LabView executing a VI with Enum input (see attached EnumTest_LV2009.vi).We are getting different results calling this VI using LabView (attached VI Call_EnumTest_LV2009.vi) and using TestStand (attached sequence SequenceCall_EnumTest_LV2009.seq). The VI EnumTest_LV2009.vi simply outputs the enum number of the input enun checks whether the enum input was vaild or not. (The enum supports only 0 and 1.)

In both cases we are calling the VI with an (invalid) enum number 123.

Calling the VI using LabView results in a (internal) mapping of 123 -> 1 (maximum supported number) such that the VI EnumTest_LV2009.vi  returns 1 (and TRUE for the validation check).

Calling the VI using TestStand results in a non-mapped situation such that the VI  EnumTest_LV2009.vi returns 123  (and FALSE for the validation check).

Could you please explain this different behaviour?

Best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,733 Views)
Stefan -

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have notified R&D of this behavior and they will look into it.
Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,656 Views)
Can you give the car number for our reference?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,641 Views)

Muks -

This has been reported to R&D under ID #206259.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,635 Views)

Odd,

There is something funny about the enum properties Smiley Surprised

You have not checked the "allow undefined valuesat runtime" box on the edit items page yet, the Response to Value Outside Limits properties are all IGNORE(0).

Try the vi before and after resetting these properties.  (hint- add a test step that uses a VI server referance to the enum and set the properties programatically - you will need to load all vi's when the sequence loads so be carefull with the module load/unload when options)

Let me know what you find-  (I'm not set up here to play with the seqs)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,616 Views)

Hi Jeff,

sorry, I do not understand which properties I have to "reset". Could you please specify both, these properties you meant as well as the values I have to set to these properties?

Is it the property for activating the "allow undefined values at runtime" box (which I actually could not find) or is it the cluster "Response to Value Outside Limits"?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,589 Views)