NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I open programmatically Sequence Files in the Sequence Editor?

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I open programmatically Sequence Files in the TestStand Sequence Editor?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,310 Views)

You should be able to pass your client file as a parameter to the sequence editor.

jiggawax_0-1645202629814.png

The sequence editor is located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\TestStand 2019\Bin\seqedit.exe

So basically you could make a shortcut on the desktop that would point to that executable and then pass your file as a parameter using the help from the image here.

IF you are not talking about opening it from the command line programmatically then you can use Engine.GetSequenceFileEx to open one dynamically.  https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsapiref/reftopics/engine_getsequencefileex_m/

Maybe you can clarify specifically what you are trying to do and the solution could be different than what i've suggested.  But these are based on the information you've given.

Hope this helps,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,288 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author p.hoffmann@embex.de

And if you want to open a sequence file in the SeqEdit (display file in tabs) you can use App Mgr (see attached example). Replace <Sequence File Path> with your file path.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 3 of 4
(1,272 Views)

Thank very mutch it´s exacly what I need 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,261 Views)