NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a Running TS Sequence file reference in LabVIEW

Hi,

I am using TestStand 2016(32 bit) - LabVIEW 2016(32 Bit) - Windows 7 Enterprise

I am trying to get the runtime properties of TestStand Sequence File which is already Executing. I am trying to get the reference of the sequence file from LabVIEW. So I am using GetEngine property with TestStand UI Application Manager reference. From GetEngine reference I am getting the Sequence file reference by giving the Sequence file path. With this property node, I am able to access Sequence name, Step Name, Number of Sequences etc.. But When I am trying to display, Is Sequence File Executing? its showing 'False' but actually my sequence file is executing. Also for some runtime property like 'Number of Sequences Executed' it showing the wrong result in my VI Front panel.  

What I am thinking is when I try to get the TS Engine reference from LabVIEW(which is already running) it getting a new instance of reference, not the already running reference.

If I am launching the VI from TestStand itself by Dynamic Launch VI and passing the ThisContext reference to Connector Pane of the VI, I can use the Runtime Properties Like 'IsExecuting?'. Is there any way to get the Run Time properties of TestStand Sequence File from LabVIEW without launching the VI from TestSTand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,072 Views)

@Mani_N

What I am thinking is when I try to get the TS Engine reference from LabVIEW(which is already running) it getting a new instance of reference, not the already running reference.

This is correct - The Engine is per-process. The LabVIEW and CVI adapters have some features built in that handle this for you, but if you aren't going through the adapter, you're stuck with other methods for cross process communication (TCP, reading/writing to a file, network variable, etc..).

Take a look at my post here for another option. Re: Check if a Specific Seq File Is Executing 

-Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,050 Views)

Hi Trent,

Thanks for the Information you gave.

But still, I cannot find any built-in feature in LabVIEW to access the TestStand Engine Reference which is running. Instead, I can only get the new Engine Reference. I should not add steps(to do Notifications or Storing Reference) to the TestStand tool because in my application TestStand is entirely independent on LabVIEW. Is there any way to get the Running TestStand Sequence File reference without disturbing the flow of the TestStand.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,017 Views)