NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify report header with PreUUT (skip)

With sequence PreUUT execution set to "skip", what is a straight forward method to append the xml report header with text?

It appears that appending text to a xml report header should be straight forward but after reading many NI pages and forums questions, I'm mystified.  I do want to edit stylesheet, xsl format files. 

The ModifyReport_Header does nothing and is just a place holder.

I have "On The Fly Reporting" enabled, does that interfere with editing the header?

I followed the "Logging Additional UUT to the Report Header" using the Parameter.UUT property but that appears to not work since the sequence PreUUT is "skip" setting in my Main sequence. 

It looks like Pre/Post Expressions cannot modify header, the setting is only valid during step execution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(978 Views)

Hi 

Instead of skipping the Pre UUT, you can delete the step inside the Pre UUT  .

The net effect is same as skipping Pre UUT.

With the OTF enabled the report logic will not wait till the end to generate the report.It will be happening in stages as the execution progresses.

By the time modify report header is hit the header would already be printed.

Ravi

Message 2 of 3
(973 Views)

Thanks for the tip, it sent me in the right direction.

The PreUUT sequence is the only sequence with Parameters.UUT.AdditionalData container.  Delete the sequence and the container with any Parameters.UUT.AdditionalData are gone.  

I set the sequence to Run (default), used the Precondition to SetValString(), to add a new UUT parameter, in the container, Parameters.UUT.AdditionalData.  Then set the AdditionalData container property IncludeInReport True.  Since a test step captures the new UUT info, the UUT header info is default on initial run then updated on sequent runs.  Just set the default value to refer to that step test result on first run, abracadabra.

On-The-Fly-Reporting enabled and it works OK.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(923 Views)