NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SequentialModel - Model Plugin - Fail sequence in UUT Start ModelPlugin and run next UUT

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

What i'm tryin to achieve is pretty simple : 

We are trying to use model plugins to allow our clients to enable or not the traceability of their products.

What I am thinking here is that our model plugins would verify that the UUT is ready to be tested in with our traceability system and if not, I would like to fail the sequence without executing the MainSequence but I want the loop to continue executing after displaying the FAILED Banner message window as it does from the MainSequence.

If I make a Post Action in PreUUT Model Plugin that calls the PostUUT sequence, It calls it and then comes back to where it was, executing the MainSequence like I don't want to.

The problem I am facing is that I can't seem to control those things from the model plugin (which is my goal) because the process model belongs to our client and I want to avoid modifying his things unless I'm obligated to...

I would like to figure out a way to do everything from my plugin so I can deploy as a whole my model plugin.

I would like to avoid having to change some things outside of the model plugin.

Is there any way to achieve my goal ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,428 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ebonneau9

Here is the outline of a work around. It is a bit hacky, but seems to work ok with the SequentialModel. I didn't test it with other models, so it might require adjustments to support all models.

Message 2 of 5
(2,398 Views)

Hi ebonneau9,

As far as I understand you call the PostUUT, right? Instead of calling it use the Go-to-Step functionality of the Post Action.

Regards,

Jose F.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,396 Views)

Actually, I hit PostUUT but the problem is that I already passed the MainSequence there.

I need to cancel the execution of the MainSequence if I feel it should not be executed in the Model Plugin UUT Start.

After, all it is needed is to report the display banner of a FAILED Sequence and go to the next UUT

Hope I help clear things out, I know it is an uncommon way of doing things but at this point it is much more about decoupling things from my client and our side.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,392 Views)

Testing that right away!

I think that you pointed out a really interesting line of code which cancel the execution of a step!

I test that and if it does the job, I will accept this as the answer.

Thank you so far 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,391 Views)