NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal to Teststand that an item was put in a queue

A teststand queue is filled by a c(++) DLL. How can i get notified within teststand when an element/item was put into the queue that way.

Regards

Rainer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,976 Views)

Hi Rainer,

where do you need the notification?

If it is in the Userinface you a can post a UserInterface message from your dll to your UI.

If is in the current TS process itself, i would open a new thread and check the queue in a loop if there are some

new elements.

hope this helps

juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,966 Views)

Rainer,

i am not sure if you are talking about the thing i am thinking of. It is not really easy to use the very same queue within two different applications (TestStand/your application). There are methods to do this, but they are quite complicated. You can see this approach for example in the modelsupport2.dll  in the paralleluutdlg.c in line 809:

static const IID IID_IQueue = {0xFBF33B80,0x86E9,0x11D3,{0xBC,0x07,0x00,0x60,0x08,0xCA,0x11,0xD4}};

If your code does not include a line like this, your code does not work on the TestStand queues! Therefore, TestStand will never know if an element has been enqueued and will never have a chance to retrieve that data!

If you are really using the TestStand queues, you missed to create a "reader" for the queue which is waiting (eventbased as queues do work) for elements.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Edit: Please note that the quoted line of the parallel UUT dialog is not sufficient for picking up the TestStand queue from another application. I only want to point out that if you don't have this line, you will not have the other, needed ones as well.....

Message Edited by Norbert B on 02-24-2010 03:42 AM
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,939 Views)