NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple OI Menubar

I would like to include the TestStand Menubar into an Operator Interface created using the Simple OI example provided with TestStand.  I have reviewed the Full Featured example and copied the Localize Menu portion of the Localize Operator Interface subVI into the main VI of the Simple OI.  I understand there is more code required to implement full functionality (i.e. Configure Event Callback), but when I run this initial code all I get is a menubar with the text "eatctrlw".

SimpleOI Menubar

Could someone explain or provide an example of how to implement the Teststand 4.2 menubar into a User Interface using LabVIEW 2009. I am directly interested in including a customized tool menu into a simple user interface.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,653 Views)

Hey,

This is really more of an issue of not calling the right run time menu.  If you open up the full featured LV UI in LV and go to Edit>>Run-Time Menu you will find that the run time menu is an rtm which is part of the TestExec.llb.   If you do the same thing for the Simple LV UI you will see that it points to one with a simple menu item called eatctrlw.  You will have to copy the one from the Full Featured LV UI TestExec.llb.  You will have to make sure you disconnect it from that llb so that you can then connect it to the TestExec.llb in the Simple LV UI.  This should get you on your way.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,638 Views)

You might consider looking at the following example code:

Configure TestStand System on Target Machine 

The LabVIEW code in the zip file has the minimum necessary code to implement the full featured menu.

Josh W.
Certified TestStand Architect
Formerly blue
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,620 Views)

Hi Josh_W,

The link you provided is not working and also I am not seeing any attached code also.

I am trying to bring only menu related  functions from Teststand full feature to simple user interface.

Can you pls send any code/doc.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,367 Views)