cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricky one: PreUUT / PostUUT Parameter structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I need to add custom data structures to the the (in my case Batch) ProcessModel, thus I am dynamically adding further stuff to the UUT.Additional container

When looking at the variables pane, I see that the UUT structure is available at two different locations. 

Oli_Wachno_0-1701354427490.png

Modifying either one results in the same modifcation of the other.

Why is there this ostensible duplicate in the data model?

Thanks fpr your insights

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,017 Views)

The basic model only tests one UUT.  When the model is extended to Batch and Parallel, then each socket of the Batch (or Parallel) model is initiated in separate executions (threads).  Each Socket execution can keep track of the UUT in the Parameters.TestSocket.UUT container.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oli_Wachno

Thanks for your answer, though my original question is still kinda open. Though I dug a little deeper:

In the case of PreUUT is called as follows (Batch Model)

Oli_Wachno_2-1703142050965.png

basically allowing to access UUT object in PreUUT in different ways.

So my interpretation is, that this implementation is either a legacy issue or a convenience feature.

Spoiler
Could've found this out before asking in the forum though 🤐
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(925 Views)

It is not legacy or convenience; it is by design.  In the batch process model UUTs prompt collection is performed by PreBatch entry point and in this sequence everything is collected into an array of TestSockets.  The elements of TestSockets get passed to each individual TestSocket execution that the batch Test UUTs controller spawns off.  And as you have shown, the Batch PreUUT "UUT" and "TestSocket" parameters are being populated (by design) from that execution's TestSocket container.

eejallen_0-1703174948920.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(910 Views)