NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding to the report

How do you add a popup to TS4 that asks the operator for his clock number ( must store it?) then prints it out ( in the report) at the end of the Test seq??  You'd want to ask for the clock # 1x until the operator logs out.  I'm thinking just before the call to ask for the serial number in Test UUTs.

Thanks,

Clint

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,671 Views)

Clint,

i'd dock this feature at the user management. You can override the LoginLogout if desired in order to ask for this "clock number". Store the answer in a TestStand variable.

You would then modify the report generation in order to retrieve this data and include it in the report footer.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,666 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks.  I looked at the Process Model and can't find the LoginLogout seq??  I guess I don't know how do I do this??

I also don't know how to mod the report gen.  Any help/steps would be helpful.

Thanks,

Clint

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,641 Views)

Clint,

LoginLogout is not part of the process model since it must be executed outside of any running execution.

The Login and Logout is contained in the FrontEndCallback.seq which can be found in the <TestStand>\components\callbacks\frontend folder.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,634 Views)

Clint,

Probably your best bet would be to use one of the Callback sequence for the Header or Footer (ModifyReportHeader or ModifyReportFooter). There is an example in the examples folder for Modifying the Report Header. Also there is a tutorial in one of the Manuals.

Regards

Ray

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,629 Views)

So I mod the frontend callback seq to include a popup that asks for the operators clock #.  ( enable response text)  The clock num is stored in step.result.response.  How do I get access to thet value and put it in the report??  Isn't it only live for that callback?

Clint

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,625 Views)

Clint Eastwood wrote:

[...]The clock num is stored in step.result.response.[...]

Clint,

this is no good. Since you are not in a running execution, keeping the value "clock num" in a runstateproperty is worthless. The most simple thing is storing it into a StationGlobal i guess.

But please note that you should document this in order to know in several years why there is such a StationGlobal and how it is written....

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,622 Views)

StationGlobal is really your only option and use the option 0x1 (insertifmissing) so you dont need to worry whether its there or not.

The ideal solution would be to modify the loginlogout.dll to include your clock number so that you only have one dialog.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,618 Views)

So I tried adding the popup in the frontend CB.  I log in but no popup. 

Is this getting too complex for DF??

Should I call NI w a SR??

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,617 Views)

What is DF?

Adding a popup should work. Can you post the modified callback?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,594 Views)