cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to avoid links/paths get converted into tokens in teststand report

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I was trying to get The hyperlink for some of The files in The teststand(4.0) report for a particular custom step made in labview 8.5. I was able to get The link correctly when The path specified does not contain any tokens(\N, \T,\R,\n,\t,\r,etc).

For example if my Folder name is "New" inside which my file is present(C:\NEW\test.txt). The teststand automatically converts "\N" and "\t" in The path to tokens.

I am not able to resolve this.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,878 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sury@

Hi,

You need convert your  \  to  \\.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 2 of 9
(3,876 Views)

Praveen,

this is called Escape Characters (search for ecape characters in the link), which is common for (nearly) all programming languages as well. TestStand uses a syntax derived from ANSI C in expressions.....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,871 Views)

hi Ray,

replacing "\" with "\\" did not solve my problem.

The path which comes from labview VI is :C:\Testing\New Folder\REPORT\test.txt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,870 Views)

Ray,

I was wrong, sorry. Your solution worked good. Need to test more.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,866 Views)

Praveen,

you have to exchange every '\' into '\\'. So your path-string has to look like:

"C:\\Testing\\New Folder\\REPORT\\test.txt".

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,864 Views)
replacement of all "\" with "/" will also work.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,570 Views)

I have another query : How to make relative paths working in Teststand report instead of giving absolute path?

This query is because if I want to open the report in another PC, it opens good, but when I try to double click to open the link in report it does not, even if the file is placed in the same place where it was to be. So I wanted the link given to the relative instead of absolute.

Surya.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,562 Views)

I got the soultion for my query, working on it for an hour.

Solution:

If the path for the text file which was linked in report was :C:\Testing\New Folder\REPORT\test.txt

and if the report file is parallel to the test.txt file: C:\Testing\New Folder\REPORT\test.xml.

then for the link for absolute path in report :  C:/Testing/New Folder/REPORT/test.txt

link for the relative path in report : "test.txt"

If the path for the text file which was linked in report was :C:\Testing\New Folder\REPORT\files\test.txt

and if the report file is parallel to the test.txt file: C:\Testing\New Folder\REPORT\test.xml.

then for the link for absolute path in report :  C:/Testing/New Folder/REPORT/files/test.txt

link for the relative path in report : "../test.txt"

This is working for me, hope this works in every case.

Praveen.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,522 Views)