NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview gui control using teststand

Hi,

i am using TestStand for controlling the LabVIEW gui, gui includes the state machine with user interface event handler architecture. For controlling the gui input i have used the TestStand file global's linking with Set and Get property vi in LabVIEW, and for the event structure i have used Val(Sign) property to execute the event in labview. but i am getting problem with some event missing and not synchronizing well between TestStand and my gui.

please help me to resolve this..

Regards,

Manju G

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,144 Views)

If i understand correctly you are setting a variable in TestStand.In parallel the LV GUI reads this variable value and does some action.

Does TestStand wait for enough time ( for LV GUI to execute) before it proceeds to the next step where it will set a different value? i.e.

TS - Set a Variable   <----> LV GUI - read this variable and do some action.Finally set one more variable as done.

TS - Is the done variable set? If not keep looping.

TS - once the done variable is set - execute next step.

Please give more details about the synchronisation steps that you have taken.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,134 Views)

Hi SunRS,
Thanks for the reply,

I did same that is, setting a Boolean variable as true after given action completes in LabVIEW. Now i need to wait until the Boolean variable is true in TestStand. Is there any function like wait until Boolean variable = true in TestStand?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,128 Views)

Use a while loop step type

while loop step type ( locals.boolvalue==false)

start

Wait 1 sec ( This wait is required else it will be a very tight executed loop)

end

Check out the attached sequence.

Ravi S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,118 Views)

Thanks Ravi, It's working

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,107 Views)